Vehicle gps navigation tracking?

Aceasta sectine este dedicata testelor si comparatiilor atat la nivel hardware, cat si la nivel software.

Va invit sa contribuiti cu experientele si parerile voastre, pentru ca acestea conteaza cel mai mult!
JensenBreck

Vehicle gps navigation tracking?

Post by JensenBreck »

Hello there.

Do any of the gps units designed for vehicle navigation have a track recording feature and function?

I recently purchased a couple of older used Maestros and one Roadmate and found there is no track recording function? Sort of surprised me. I guess I've been out of touch with vehicle navigation equipment.

Why did they leave this function out? Too expensive and/or didn't think people would need to track record while driving?

I need to track and record erosion of coast line areas while driving a vehicle.

I suppose I can track record with my Android phone as there's plenty of gps record and map apps with track record. ... Purchase a separate gps recorder or a hand held gps device designed for hiking. However I'm wondering why they left out this feature with at least the vehicle nav units I recently picked up.

Many of the gps units designed for vehicle nav. claim can be used outside of a vehicle while walking or hiking. But I'm wondering why no track recording? For me it's like a basic function for any gps device whether it's designed as a handheld or to be used with a vehicle.

Looking around at Magellan gps devices ones with a track record function are e.g. the Xplorist, Roadmate 300 - 800, possibly the TrX, etc.? Which are more designed for hiking than vehicle navigation. I guess the vehicle nav. developers thought people driving a vehicle don't need to record where they've gone?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
https://www.gps-forums.com/threads/vehi ... ing.46637/

[ur=https://blog.advids.co/20-innovative-an ... -examples/]infographic video[/url]

4EST
Site Admin

Re: Vehicle gps navigation tracking?

Post by 4EST »

Hello

All the navigation gps that we sell have this feature: track recording. It creates a recording that can be exported and viewed on google earth
I think it's a .gpx file, but not sure, anyway it's something that can be easily converted to any format

Or you could use a gps tracker (no screen) with an microSD card specifically designed so that it will record on the microsd card the movement